Saturday, June 8, 2013

Machine Quilting

I am getting a queue of quilts ready for machine quilting.  The two quilt shows I went to recently in Denver and in Salt Lake City both inspired me to improve my machine quilting.  I tend to do more free motion and not so much marking.  A friend recently told me about a magazine she discovered called Machine Quilting Unlimited.  I picked up a copy at Barnes and Noble and I really like it!  I also found this Doodle Quilting book at Hi Fashion - another of may favorite shops in GJ - and it has some great free motion ideas in it.  On The Quilt Show website are some amazing videos by Sharon Schamber, who makes stunning quilts. Definitely worth checking out her work!

So armed with some new inspiration I am ready to tackle that queue of quilts!  Oh .... my new Bernina is great inspiration as well :)  Happy Quilting!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing this. Just seeing you and Michelle Berry at Melissa's shower inspired me to get back to quilting. I'm going to start a fold art/appliqué quilt for us. This will also get me back into quilting in time to throw a quilt shower for my friend. I love to see what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete