Thursday, June 27, 2013

Round Robin

 Round Robin was a block of the month quilt at our local quilt shop - Quilter's Corner.  It was a large wall hanging but I wanted it small enough to hang on a 40" shelf/quilt rack in my entry way.  So - I half-sized it!  The 6 inch blocks became 3 inch blocks and I must say, they are adorable :)  And of course I didn't run short of fabric at all - I even had enough for backing!
 Here is a close up of some of the three inch blocks in the border.  I was pretty pleased with my feathers (machine quilted) in the border too.
 A close up of the center, which is hand appliquéd, using the back basting method, which I learned from a magazine article by Jeanna Kimball. I also embellished with a bit of embroidery.
I even turned the corners with feathers!  Most of the fabrics are Civil War reproduction fabrics.  The quilt measures about 33 1/2 inches square.

1 comment: