Monday, June 17, 2013

Two Done

I finished two of the baby quilts this weekend!  This pink and white one is for my friend Lynn's first grand baby.  Her daughter is expecting a baby girl in July.  Maybe she will be born on my birthday!

 This was a fun and easy quilt to make and I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I enjoyed quilting the little flowers and swirls.  It has flannel on the back and Dream Cotton batting, purchased at Quilter's Corner.










This quilt is from a kit my Mom purchased from Connecting Threads.  It worked up cute!  It's all flannel, front and back, so it's very soft.  It will be a gift for a boy or a girl - whoever I need to give a baby quilt to next.  I had so much flannel left over from this kit that I was able to make another baby quilt.  I even had enough backing for both!  So the third quilt, which is not quite finished is made out of these same flannels.




I was disappointed in the batting I used in these two flannel quilts however.  When I was in Denver, at the Quilt Show, I purchased a large roll of Bamboo batting from Winline.  I had used Bamboo before and really liked it.  The sample they showed me seemed much like what I'd used before.  So I purchased a large roll, thinking it could be used for several projects and save money over all.  I used it in these two baby quilts though and it's SO dense!  They don't feel as cuddly as a baby blanket should.  They will be better used as floor mats, when letting the baby play on the floor.  I will have to tell whoever I give them to, to use them on the floor as play mats.  And I think the rest of the roll of Bamboo batting is destined to be used in wall hangings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment