Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Blast From the Past

 I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time for quilting, so I decided to post pictures of some favorite quilts that I made a few years ago.
I love to make miniature quilts.  I really like the challenge of reducing a pattern and making a small replica of a larger quilt.  The large quilt here belongs to my youngest son.  I made it for his high school graduation.  I liked it so much I decided to 1/4 size the pattern and make one for myself!
All of the fabrics are hand dyed and purchased from Liberty Homestead.  I found the pattern, Alberta Stars in a magazine.  Both are machine quilted.
 The quilts were completed in 2010 and they both hung in the Springville Quilt show (shown here) in Springville, Utah in the summer of 2010, where the large quilt won a blue ribbon.  The miniature version of the quilt was juried into the Houston Quilt Festival in the Fall of 2010, where of course I had to make a trip to go see it :)
Stay tuned for some more blasts from the past!  Maybe I will do a miniature quilt trunk show on my blog!
Happy Quilting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment