Friday, September 20, 2013

More About Containers


Here are the three containers I bought for my sewing room at The Container Store.  My wool stash was getting way out of hand and was stored in a bag.  It made it difficult to see what I had, and to get to when I needed it.  These pretty, yet see-through, containers are just right and will make getting to my wooly bits much easier!

The smaller container is for my Valdani threads, making them much easier to see and get to as well.  Much better than the previous Ziploc baggie.


The containers came with lids and there are carrying handles on the sides.  They are surprisingly light, even with all the wool in them!

I did not get this at The Container Store, but I had to share my Worm Bag from Bass Pro Shop.  I met a gal in class once who used it to "organize" her traveling projects that she took on trips or to classes.  This is an awesome little bag that is a little smaller than notebook size and cost about $14 on their website.  It's great for taking your projects to work on when you travel.

Here it is open and you can see why I like it so much.  There are many zippered pockets inside the cover to hold your scissors, thread etc., and then dozens of Ziploc bags held together by a two ring binder to hold your project pieces.  This bag is awesome!  You will never find worms in my bag!  I am not a fisherman so I cannot even imagine putting worms in those Ziploc bags....

You can see how nicely my new containers fit on my shelve.  Now all of my wool is stored nicely and is easy to get to.  I should have taken a "before" picture - it was a mess.

Here is Mike's find at The Container Store (the chair).  Occasionally we both work in the office at the same time and we only have one chair.  This will be our back-up chair!  It is along the lines of those balls that are supposed to help you sit up straight while you work at the computer.  It is actually quite comfortable!  I will not be using it for sewing however - a little too unstable for that I believe.  My stitching lines would be pretty wobbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment