Friday, September 6, 2013

Sad Day

Well, I have had two pieces of disappointing news in as many days!  Yesterday I found out that Laura, of Laura's Home, is closing her little wool shop at the end of this month.  She has the opportunity to pursue designing - a book and patterns - something she has been wanting to do and just does not have the time to do that and keep her shop going.  So she had to make a choice.  I will miss her teaching classes (she is a wonderful teacher) and her fun Breakfast Club and Tuesday Socials.  She has a great following and I have met some fun friends in her classes and workshops.  I wish her the best in her new endeavor!  And I am glad her products will still be available on her website!

Then tonight I went to Premier Club at Quilter's Corner and they announced that they will be closing their doors at the end of December!  Quilter's Corner is really one of the nicest quilt stores I have been in and they carry many great products, always trying to keep up on the latest in the quilting world.  I was spoiled to be able to go and get whatever I needed, when I needed it, and having them just a couple of miles away.  I think it is a great loss to our quilting community here to lose this shop.  I was in a class about 14 years ago at our guild's Spring Retreat, when Johnna, who was also taking the class, announced that she and her husband were opening a quilt store.  I have been a customer from the very beginning.  They are closing because they need to spend more time with their kids who are still quite young.  They too, just did not have the time needed to devote to both, so I wish them well in their future endeavors and with their family as well!

Our other fabric store, Hi Fashion, downsized a couple of years ago.  They are quite a bit smaller but I am glad they are still open for business!  They offer some great classes too.  We will just have to get used to the changes.

One lady at the meeting tonight at Quilter's Corner, after she heard that Laura is closing too,  said that our husbands must be conspiring against us, so we cannot buy more fabric!  I laughed and told my husband after I got home.  He assured me he had nothing to do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment