Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Thimbles



Remember that I collect thimbles?  It is a great collectible because they are cheap, easy to pack in your suitcase, and do not take up a lot of space when you get home either!  I like to pick up thimbles from places we have visited and sometimes friends give me thimbles too.  This is my collection so far!

There is even a little pair of Dutch shoes in there (2nd column from left, 6th row down) that was given to me by Ted Storm from the Netherlands when she came and taught a class at Hi Fashion several years ago.  She gave everyone in the class a pair!


Here is my Prince George of Cambridge crown thimble that I purchased at Westminster Abbey in London.

It says, "His Royal Highness, Prince George of Cambridge,
 22 July 2013"  It is pretty detailed for being so small!  But still inexpensive - only about three pounds.


I have to save the case because that has the Prince George sticker on it.  I usually do not save the cases as they don't fit in my little display case.


These are obviously for display only - not use!

Here are the other thimbles I bought this trip - from left to right:
Guernsey
Scotland
Scotland
London

I have a Waterford Crystal thimble that I bought on a previous trip (7th column, 6th row :) as well as some others from Ireland surrounding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment