Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Creativity

This is the fabric scrap I found in my Mom's sewing room.  It says, "I'm Creative.  Please tell me neatness doesn't count."
The small print says, "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."  A.A. Milne

So do you think creative people are more orderly, or disorderly?  My feeling is whatever works for you!  I think everyone can be creative, and some excel in an orderly environment and some excel in a more disorderly environment.  I also think that one can constantly make exciting discoveries
even if you tend to be more "organized".  I am the type of person that makes a mess while I'm working on a project.  I certainly don't want to take the time to clean up messes while in the middle of working on something.  That is one reason it is so nice to have a sewing space of my own - I can close the door at the end of the day and not worry about it bothering anyone else.  My sewing space used to be a small corner in our bedroom, so I had to clean up at the end of the day so we could go to bed!
I do like to clean up in between projects though.  I find it helps me get excited and ready to focus on the next project.  It revives my creativity!  So, be creative in whatever way works for you and have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment