Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fun Week!

I am back from the Utah Quilt Guild Annual Quilt Festival, which was held in Midway, Utah this year. It was awesome, as usual.  These ladies do such a great job in putting this together and really making it fun for all.  Over the next several days I will have more photos and updates on all that I was able to see and do there.
The festival was held at the Zermatt Resort, which is built to resemble a Swiss Chalet.  Midway was settled by Swiss immigrants so has a strong Swiss influence, including Swiss Days, held there every year.


Shortly after I arrived on Wednesday, a woman I know came up to me and congratulated me on winning a prize for my quilt!  I had no idea, but I guess they announced it at an awards ceremony the night before.  As soon as I could I hurried over to the quilt show to see what exactly I had won, which was Judges Choice!  My quilt was picked by the judge Donna Moyer - thank you Donna!  I think it is important to show our work in quilt shows, whether we win anything or not.  It is just a good experience and a way of sharing our talents with others.  I learn something from the judges' comments too, which helps me to try and improve my work.  And I ALWAYS learn and am inspired from seeing others' works.  Winning an award was just icing on the cake!


Here it is displayed at the show with the big pink ribbon!

This time of year, in Midway, the colors of nature were fabulous.  I needed more time to go on a hike and take some pictures of the beautiful scenery!

Stayed tuned for more on the Quilt Festival and on the retreat I went to today at Quilter's Corner.  A fun quilting week!  Now I need to get back to work on my projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment