Thursday, October 3, 2013

Happy October!!


I got my Halloween decorations out today and I thought I would share.  I actually do have a label WITH a date on this quilt.  I made it in 2002.  I believe I ordered the pattern from Keepsake Quilting catalog.

I made this Yo-Yo Jack-o-Lantern a couple of years ago from a pattern I bought at Hi Fashion.  This was really fun to make.  I have a couple of Yo-Yo animal patterns I want to make too - they're cute :) Just need to find the time!
This is a miniature quilt - about 10 inches square.  I made this last year, using the twist ruler.  You sew squares together, then using the twist ruler (which for this quilt was tiny), you cut more squares and sew them together and you end up with little pinwheels.  You can KIND OF see the pinwheels in this quilt, but not real well because I did not use high enough contrasting fabrics.  They are pretty much all medium in value.  With miniatures, high contrast is a must.  I knew that, and I still made the mistake with this mini.  I just liked the Halloween fabrics....  Oh well, a good lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment