Friday, November 22, 2013

Carol Bryer Fallert Gentry


I guess that was not all of my Houston pictures, but just a few more!

Carol Bryer Fallert Gentry had a display of thirty 30 inch square quilts to celebrate 30 years of quilting. Her work is quite beautiful and truly artistic.  She has won several big awards in the large quilt shows. You can read more about her and see more of her quilts on her website: www.bryerpatch.com



Carol dyes most of her own fabric for these beautiful quilts.

Here is one that I would like to try and make.  She started a Fibonacci series of quilts, using the Fibonacci proportions (1-2-3-5).  I have some pretty hand dyed fabrics so I am ready to give this a try!  I took the picture below to give me an idea of how to do it.  I also watched a show featuring Carol on The Quilt Show website and she explained it in greater detail.  I am really excited to try this.


Look at the machine quilting in this too  It's stunning!  I need to keep practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment