Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween Party Festival Style!

We were in Houston on Halloween night so we signed up to go to the Quiltapalooza which ended up being a ton of fun. Most attendees dressed up in costumes and there were some great ones. I would have taken more pictures but my camera battery totally died because I took so many pictures of the quilts in the show earlier in the day. I was able to snap a couple though just before the party got in full swing.
These friends dressed up as characters from The Wizard of Oz. I asked the Good Witch Galinda to wave her magic wand and make us all skinny but the mean witch with the broom said she would counteract anything the good witch did, so I will have to go back to dieting.....
When I saw these gals I thought, "Oh! Sunbonnet Sues!" But no, they insisted that they are Holly Hobbies. I think for a quilting event I would just say I was Sunbonnet Sue :)
We received loads of table favors and a nice boxed dinner, plus great table mates for company!
Pretty packed party! There were 60 entries in the costume contest and most of those had multiple people in one entry. For example there were 10 witches all the way from Australia! There were several spools of thread, which I thought was a real clever costume. Two of them even had bobbins for hats. One lady was a ghost, coming back to claim her stash. They did a fashion show so we got to see them all! That was AFTER the needle threading contest....
There were a few men present. One man was taking pictures of the costume contest and when Snow White ate the poisoned apple and fell in a heap on the floor he came to her rescue. He did not kiss her but he helped her up and the MC called him the handsome prince. He fled the room and we didn't see him anymore that night!
Here is Michelle fishing for fat quarters! I had to get this picture so she could show her hubby that she got some fishing in while she was away. That's his favorite pastime.
We bought some raffle tickets for some BIG prizes, then worried if we won how in the world we would get them home! I'm sure we would have figured out a way, but alas we didn't win. They gave away a LOT of door prizes too and several of our table mates won some of those. It was a great party and a fun way to spend Halloween, with quilters of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment