Sunday, January 19, 2014

Flash Back

I am still working on those two baby quilts that I started in the Pinterest Party class on Friday.  Actually one is done and I'm sewing the binding on the other.  I want to wash them first though before I post pictures.  Hopefully the raggy edges do what they're supposed to!
I thought I would share a photo of a quilt I made about 12 years ago for a challenge in the Co West Quilt Guild.  I believe it was called "Black and White and Red All Over".  You could use any black and white fabric and only the red piece of fabric in our challenge packet.  All the threads and everything had to be black, white or red.  They made a big deal about NO gray!
I was pretty adventurous, making up my own pattern for hand appliqué, putting piping by the binding (black and white stripe) etc.  My son, who was drumming for the high school marching band at the time posed for the hand photo, which my husband helped me enlarge and I traced for that pattern.  The drum I actually just drew!  This was back in my "no fear, try anything" days!  I need to get a little of my adventure back and design some more quilts.  They may not be perfect, but they're definitely unique!  Which is pretty much how we are supposed to be, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment