Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Winter Wonderland

Park City got a new quilt store last Fall, so while visiting last Friday I had to stop in and check it out!  I was NOT going to buy anything - just look - but you know how that goes....

The Quilt Show had a segment on their last episode on the Accuquilt GO! company in Omaha, Nebraska.  I was intrigued.  I had seen the cutters before, and have friends who own them,  but was inspired to check them out more, after watching this segment.  I was particularly looking at the GO! Baby because it's smaller and doesn't take up a lot of room.
So we walked into Davidene's Quilt Shop in Park City and she happens to be a retailer for the GO! systems! I got to check them out in person, rather than over the internet as I was doing, and she gave me a personal demonstration and showed me several quilts she's made and classes she teaches.  I debated as to how much I would use it.  Davidene offered to throw in a die and a mat for free with the system and my husband offered to get it for me for Valentine's Day, so here it is!  I got the Value die for free and bought the 2 1/2 inch strip die.  You can use 60% of the dies with the GO! Baby.  I'm excited to try it!

We woke up this morning to a winter wonderland!  There was several inches of new snow and it was still softly falling - very beautiful.  Mike was up at the crack of dawn and said he saw ten deer walking quietly down the middle of our street.  I guess it pays to get up early :)


I saw this sign at Kneader's in Park City.  I really like it!  Something good to remember :)

I hope you are having a great day.  It was a great day to stay inside and sew, unfortunately I didn't!  I had too many other things to do.  I may go upstairs and do a little now though before dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment