Tuesday, March 18, 2014

CO West Quilt Guild Meeting


Here are a few more photos taken at the guild meeting last week.  I should have posted these sooner so I would remember more about these quilts, or written down notes! I will do that next time :)

This photo on the right just shows a variety of show and tell items.  We've had some busy quilters in the guild!

Jeannette made this beautiful quilt.  I believe she said it was a Kim Deihl pattern - gorgeous colors!  Kim Deihl will be coming to Hi Fashion in the fall for a trunk show and two workshops.


My friend Michelle made this beautiful quilt for her granddaughter.  She took a class from Harriet Hargrave about a year ago on precision piecing, I believe it was based on Harriet's book Quilter's Academy Volume One.  Anyway, Michelle said she learned a lot and this quilt is amazing.  In the close up photo below you can sort of see the fussy cut squares and the beautiful quilting.  The colors in this quilt are so soft and pretty too.










Due to the program on antique quilts by Laura Pedge, a few members brought in old or antique quilts to show, such as this one and the one below.



And this one, which has a unique design and is hand quilted.

These next three quilts are from Laura's collection and are absolutely beautiful.  Here is where I wish I had taken notes because I can't remember how old they are.  They are in excellent shape however and just beautiful.  The maker was truly a master quilter.


It was a fun meeting and a very informative program!


No comments:

Post a Comment