Tuesday, March 11, 2014

More About the Retreat


Here are a few more pictures of the retreat on Saturday.  It was held at the beautiful Wine Country Inn in Palisade, with a view of the Bookcliffs right outside the front door.

Mary and her crew organized the whole shindig and did an incredible job.  Everything was lovely and loads of fun.


We were all together in a huge room!  The retreat ran from Friday night until Sunday evening and there were over 50 people attending both days.  I, and a few others, only attended on Saturday, some only attended Sunday and others stayed the whole time.


Laura and Ronda from Laura's Home were there teaching wool appliqué and selling supplies.  This is a new design of Laura's called "Love Birds".  It's really beautiful - the colors of the dyed wool are amazing.

Ellen taught one of her infamous EP Parade classes (EP stands for Ellen's Pre-cuts).  I think they were using jelly roll strips for this quilt and this was a popular class.  A lot of ladies were making it!

Teresa from Thread Bear Designs was there selling supplies and showing what is coming up in classes she is teaching.  Using Cheryl Phillips book she is teaching this butterfly class.

She is also a machine embroiderer and is teaching how to make these super cute mirrors on the embroidery machine.  These look really fun!


You can see the back of my phone taking a picture in the mirror's reflection :)

A lot of us were just working on our own projects.  Several ladies were using the Twister ruler and turning these squares into ....







These!




I sat over in the hand sewing section because I didn't bring my machine.  I worked on the ornaments and Brazilian Embroidery.  I brought my wool project to work on too, but didn't end up having time to work on it.  I sat near three great gals who were a ton of fun to visit with and one of them, Roxy, was working on this beautiful wool bouquet - one of Laura's designs.


Everyone who attended the retreat received a little quilted bag full of goodies - an emery board, M&Ms, a pattern, a magnet, a tape measure, sticky notes etc. etc.!  Here is mine before I dug into it!

We were fed a delicious lunch by the hotel, then we had a potluck supper in the evening with dishes provided by the attendees.  It was delicious too and I ate way too much....

After dinner we played Left, Center, Right with fat quarters, which is always fun, and Quilter's Bingo.  They had great prizes!  Oh and I forgot to mention that in the afternoon Mary and her crew came around and delivered everyone a bag of candy and they had a drawing for more great door prizes - they had a lot!  It was such a fun day - I can't thank those ladies enough for organizing it :)

This was in my goodie bag.  This is the bag of M&M's with instructions on when to eat what color.  I have to admit that I cheated and just ate all of mine the next day.  If I only ate one M&M for each time I did something on this list, this bag of candy would've lasted me forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment