Monday, March 24, 2014

Pillow Upgrade


Years ago my Mom made us these large pillows (they are about two feet square). My kids used them while watching TV, or if they had a lot of friends over and not enough chairs.  They were used a LOT and we've had them for probably 20 years or so.
When moving a few years ago, we were de-cluttering and I offered them to my kids.  My daughter who was at college at the time took them to her college apartment where they got even more use.
She is now married and apparently she and her husband still use them!  They were getting a little worn however, so she decided to recover them.  She found some fleece on sale and here they are! They look beautiful and just like new again!

That sewing skill comes in handy every now and then!  My daughters may become quilters yet :)  My Mom didn't give up on me.  I didn't start quilting until after I had already had four children - just too many other things going on before that.  I always appreciated knowing how to sew though :)

1 comment: