Friday, May 9, 2014

Best of Show


Here is a picture of the Best of Show quilt in the Denver show.  It is called "Vintage Moments" (Feathered Star) It's very traditional and the machine quilting is quite amazing.  The quilt was made by Jan Zimmerman of Wichita, Kansas and professionally quilted by Jan Hutchison.


It says the quilt is hand and machine pieced.  Both the piecing and the quilting are absolutely wondering.  It was nice to see a very traditional quilt win Best of Show this year.  Look at those feathers! Wow!


I could have stared at this quilt for hours and found a lot of machine quilting ideas - really stunning.

I finally did it!  I send off my entry form to Houston for my Modern Mini!  I will let you know July 16th (I think that's the day I find out) if it gets in or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment