Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  I just learned yesterday that May 4th is a big day for Star Wars fans - May the 4th be with you!  I did not know that before.  I even received an email from Amazon with all kinds of Star Wars gear on sale.

I finally took down our Easter decorations and put up a different quilt for Spring.  I made this quilt in 2005 after taking a class from Sharon Schamber on her piecelique technique.  It was interesting to learn and I like the way the quilt turned out, but I must admit, I've never used that technique since. Sharon Schamber creates amazing quilts though and has come up with some pretty fabulous techniques.  Her quilts have won big awards in all of the big quilt shows.  I admire her a lot!  You can see more of her work at www.sharonschamber.com.

Below is my little wool banner for the month of May which I made last year.  I hope you are having a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment