Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Monthly Minis


Yesterday I went to Hi Fashion for the Monthly Mini workshop and was able to finish my two for the month!

I changed out the fabrics in my kits for some Adorn-It fabric that I had, to make them bright and Spring-like.  The fabric I used for the butterflies is some marbled fabric I picked up at the Denver Quilt show several years ago.  I knew it would come in handy some day!  The cute little butterfly buttons came with the kit.


So the yellow butterfly will go to my daughter who loves yellow!


My other daughter tends to like red, so I put a red border on hers.  I hope they like them!
 Here is another yummy salad recipe:
1 bag Spring Mix or Field Greens
1 large red apple, chopped
1/2 cup red grapes sliced in half
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup Craisins
1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled, reduced fat feta cheese or Parmesan Cheese grated
Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Vinaigrette Dressing or Girard's Light Champagne Vinaigrette (I found this at Safeway)
Last night I added a cooked chicken breast that I cut up and we made a meal of it.  Today we just had the rest of the salad for lunch without the chicken.  It's SO delicious.

Check out the cute hangers that came with this month's pattern!


No comments:

Post a Comment