Tuesday, May 13, 2014

More Quilts from the Denver Show



In A Cool Blue Forest by Heidi Zielinski of Stevensville, MT.
Machine pieced and quilted.  I really like this one!


Starburst by Peg Collins of Alamosa, CO.
Machine appliquéd, hand pieced and long arm quilted.


Thirty Thousand Stitches by Patsy Morris of Pueblo West, CO.
Machine appliquéd, hand pieced and long arm quilted.
I really like the quilting on this one, and the over all look.



I actually have the pattern for this one.  I really like it and this one is really well done by Sana Moulder of Fayetteville, NC.  Hers is called "I'm With the Band." This one is machine appliquéd, pieced and quilted.



Spring Time Blossoms by Ellen Palmer of Englewood, CO.
Machine pieced and long arm quilted.  I love the quilting on this one too!


Maasai Women of the Serengeti by Ruthanne Rocha of Miranda, CA.
She says, "This quilt is my own design and took a year to complete. I hand dyed some of the fabrics.  I used machine piecing, machine and hand appliqué, and thread painting on the faces. I also learned how to bead in the traditional Maasai way and did all of the beading on this piece.  It is professionally long arm quilted by April Sproule.




Lines by Liz Piatt of Orinda, CA.

"Lines.  We all stand in them - one way or another."

Original design, hand appliquéd, hand and machine pieced and hand quilted.


Windmills of My Mind by Mary Kay Price of Lake Oswego, OR.
Machine pieced and quilted - original design.




The Doors by Geneva Foote Carroll of Lincoln, CA.
Machine pieced and quilted original design - embellished with threads and beads.


Ojibwe Jingle by T Carter of Alexandria, VA.

"This quilt honors Ojibwe culture and the beautiful Minnesota Northwoods.  Traditional Annishinaabe floral beadwork - circa 1890's - inspired my designs."
Hand and machine appliquéd, machine pieced and professionally long arm quilted by JoAnn Hoffman.



"Traditionally - Indigenous people fashioned jingles from chewing tobacco lids rolled into cones. Contemporary jingles are made from various metals and often come pre-rolled.  I selected jingles manufactured by Missouri River."
This quilt was beautiful and was receiving a LOT of attention.  One could hardly get close enough to see it, let alone get a picture :)

This is heavy beadwork in the photo below.

1 comment:

  1. This beautiful made bt T. Carter is absolutely stunning! Love it.

    ReplyDelete