Monday, May 12, 2014

More Quilts!


Feathered Star by Barbara Karst of Greenwood Village, CO.  The blocks were machine embroidered.  I think the machine quilting is quite something.  She used thread that really shows up - braver than me!


Bloomin Things by Carol Kolf of Sheridan, WY.

Machine pieced and quilted - original design.


Coloring Curves by Joyce Lipke-Niedelman of Riverwoods, IL. Machine pieced and quilted - original design.  I really like the colors in this one.

I love this quilt by Jan Zimmerman of Wichita, KS.  It is called Piece-maker's 2003 Times and Seasons.

It is hand appliquéd, hand pieced, machine pieced and professionally long arm quilted by Jan Hutchison.

It was made for her stepson who loves farming.



I think the detail in this quilt is absolutely amazing and the hand workmanship.  A work of art!  I love all the plaid and woven fabrics she used as well.


A lot of embellishment!  Embroidery, flowers etc.  I love it!  It won Best Interpretation of Theme - Traditional.

I have been working on my guild challenge quilt which I cannot share a picture of until after the challenge meeting in June!  I think I have that done now though and will move on to the TQS block of the month this week, and my monthly minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment