Saturday, June 28, 2014

Beatle Bag

Yesterday I took a class to learn how to make
The Beatle Bag.  I first saw this bag on The Quilt Show website and went online and ordered the pattern.  It comes with the plastic inserts and the instructions for making it.  When is arrived, I put it on my shelf....
Then I received Teresa's newsletter and discovered that she was teaching a class on how to make the bag, and it was on a day I could go!  What better way to get something done than to sign up for the class!  It worked!  I got the bag done and I really like it.  If I had not signed up for the class, the pattern sadly, would probably still be sitting on my shelf.  So, while I might not have needed the class to learn how to make it, because I had the pattern after all, I needed the class to make myself get it done :)  We take classes for a variety of reasons, to learn something, to socialize with our friends, to have uninterrupted sewing time ... and sometimes - just to make yourself get something done.

I am happy with the way my Beatle Bag turned out!  It has all kinds of pockets and compartments and a pin cushion on the inside, so it will be very useful for taking projects "on the road", or even back and forth to classes.
I do have to say one thing about the class though.  The teacher was great, the other students were fun, but the class was held in the classroom at Hobby Lobby and it was FREEZING.  It was 86 degrees outside, so I did not think to bring my winter coat, but I sure needed it.  To top it off, I'm pretty sure I was sitting right under the vent the cold air was blowing out of.  I was so cold all day - my nose even started running.  At the end of the day I was so happy to climb into my HOT car for the drive home that I even went the long way just to give me some time to warm up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment