Monday, June 9, 2014

More Challenges

Here are a few more of my challenge quilts from the CO West Quilt Guild.  These may bring back memories for some.  If you have pictures of your quilts from past challenges, email them to me and I will post them!

This quilt was from the Go Green Challenge in 2009.  My quilt is called "Reducing My Carbon Footprint".  This quilt was really fun to make and it definitely challenged me and made me think outside the box!




Burst of Spring is from the Think Spring challenge of 2004.  You could use purple and green and one other color.  This quilt is a miniature measuring about 10 inches square. The little twisted log cabin blocks finish at two inches and have 29 pieces in each block.  It is all paper pieced.
Starflower was from the Cinco de Fabrics challenge of 2006.  It is also a miniature measuring about 12 inches.  I wanted to do a Mariner's Compass in miniature so that was my challenge to myself.  It is partly paper pieced.


Sizzling Hot Tropics was last year's challenge called Sizzle.  It is hand appliquéd with Sashiko stitching.

I am excited to see what Wednesday night brings!

A big Happy Birthday today to my friend Michelle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment