Sunday, June 8, 2014

Yikes! Stripes!


Coming up this week is the challenge for the CO West Quilt Guild!  It is always a fun meeting, great to see what others have done with the "challenge" and the unique and interesting quilts that come out of it.
Here are a few pictures from a CWQG challenge several years ago.  They used to hang them at Hi Fashion for a month after the meeting and the public could vote on them.  They do not do that anymore, as Hi Fashion just doesn't have the room.


The theme this particular year was Yikes! Stripes! and it was run by Marla.  The bright stripe fabric you see in all the quilts was the challenge fabric.  This is my dragon!  I actually took a drawing that my daughter Michelle had made and enlarged it and appliquéd it.  The ears are 3D and stick out from the quilt, as does the tongue.  The stripe fabric runs down his neck.  This quilt is stashed away for now.  Perhaps I will have a grandson one day that will love dragons :)






I don't remember who all the quilts belong to but I remember this one was Marla's.  It has her sense of humor written all over it!  Once I actually made a funny quilt for a challenge and everyone thought it was Marla's.  I was very flattered!
This week I will try to find and share some more challenge quilts - before the big reveal on Wednesday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment