Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Power Tool

I read an article awhile back by a woman who wanted to teach her little cub scout group how to make a quilt but she was worried that they would think sewing was "for girls".  She decided to introduce the sewing machine to them as a "power tool" and they loved it!  It inspired me to do the same with my youngest son and he thought it was pretty cool.  He also loved to do my seam ripping for me, which I thought was very cool!

My daughter sent me this photo the other day of her husband, who had a day off of work and decided to make curtains!  She was at work and he kept texting her pictures asking her which fabric he could use from her "fabric stash".  I'm not sure I would want my husband getting into my fabric, unless I was there to supervise :)  But I loved this picture and was so impressed that he decided to make curtains!  I can hardly wait to see them!

2 comments:

  1. my teenage son sees sewing as an engineering problem. He fixed my needle threader that way by patiently reading the instructions, and he sewed a whole quilt using his engineer's brain. And he has a great sense of colour as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! His engineer brain will bring a whole new dimension to quilting!

    ReplyDelete