Saturday, July 19, 2014

Chocoholics

Yesterday I received a delicious box of chocolates from my friend Kim for my upcoming birthday.  It reminded me of this sign I saw at Kneaders Bakery in Provo.  I do love chocolate :)  What a delicious treat and fun surprise yesterday!

I have been working on the wedding quilt and today I finished the quilting and sewed the binding on!  Now I need to hand stitch the binding and then I am going to wash it.  I will post a finished picture soon!  I used Quilter's Dream Request batting, which is the thinnest of that brand, and I really like it a lot!  At Quilt Colorado, Bill Kerr was passing his quilts around the class and they were so soft and draped nicely, even though they were pretty densely quilted.  I asked him about it and he said he used Request batting and he washes and dries his quilts in the dryer.  I like bed quilts that are soft and drape nicely.  Request may be my new "batting of choice"!

Here are a few photos of the sunroom's progress.  They've put the stucco on and will color coat it sometime this next week.  Inside they've been working on trim, installing the closet door, and now they are painting.  So it's coming along!  It's been fun to see it all come together.






1 comment:

  1. Wow! The sunroom is looking awesome! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete