Thursday, July 24, 2014

Modern Quilt Studio

Bill shared more of his quilts with the class and described his process for choosing colors and fabrics.  I took some close up photos so we can see the machine quilting choices he made for each quilt.  I am always interesting in the machine quilting because it helps me as I try to figure out how to quilt my quilts!

Remember you can learn more about Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle at their website:

www.modernquiltstudio.com








I am thinking of making one like this!  I have the book Transparency Quilts and I really like several of the quilts in the book, and the whole effect.


He free motion quilted the circles and didn't worry about perfection.  I like that.  It looks great!





One of their newest quilts.


Same effect as the circles only a rectangular shaped design.

The best way to get better at machine quilting is to practice, practice, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment