Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Designs Everywhere!

On a recent Daily Blog post on The Quilt Show website they had a slide show of design ideas from Disneyland and California Adventure - a lot of cool tile work and some really pretty designs that would look great in a quilt.  It just goes to show you that you can see quilt design ideas and color schemes just about anywhere!

I took these two pictures of the hotel carpet on a recent trip.  The hotel was La Quinta.  I love the leaf designs which would make a great wall hanging or a quilting design.  I also really like the color scheme with the dark brown, blues, teals and beige.


These flower pictures were all taken at the Temple this last weekend (at the wedding!)  I see color inspiration everywhere in these photos! I love flowers but I am not a gardener.  I know a lot of quilters who are gardeners though.  They are probably all really good at color choices already :)







No comments:

Post a Comment