Monday, September 15, 2014

Donated Quilts

Quilters are always sharing their time and talents with those in need. The Catholic Outreach in our area is building some apartments to house homeless veterans and others in need and asked the church that I belong to, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to help provide, and get other community members involved in providing, quilts for 24 of these apartments. They are needed by mid-October which is a tall order so I put out the word to a couple of quilt guilds in the area and here are four that were donated right away! My friend and I are working on another quilt top which will be tied on "Make a Difference Day" in October. I hope when the recipients wrap themselves in these quilts that they feel the love and care that went into making them, and that they know someone cares about them. I thank the ladies who were so generous in donating these.




No comments:

Post a Comment