Monday, September 8, 2014

Patchwork of the Crosses

A friend of mine (and you know who you are!) got me interested in Patchwork of the Crosses.

The original quilt was made by Lucy Boston, who was born in England in 1892 and lived to the age of 98.  She made her famous quilt when she was in her 60's.  She is more famous as the author of the Green Knowe children's books and for her ancient manor house and garden near Cambridge, England.  Check out: http://lindafranz.com/shop/lucy-boston/4
to learn more about Lucy and patterns created by Linda Franz based on this quilt.

My friend shared these pictures from the Featherweight Quilt Company with me.

She also shared this picture of a POTC quilt made by Margaret from Australia.

I really want to make one of these quilts - by hand - but I do not want to English Paper Piece it....  (Lucy's was made with EPP)
I am looking into Inklingo on Linda's website, where I would print the templates directly onto my own fabric and then I could hand piece it.

I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment