Thursday, October 2, 2014

Very Busy Little Bits


We had a FANTASTIC Show and Tell at our Little Bits meeting yesterday.  Everyone has been busy, busy creating beautiful works of art.

Leota, who is a fabulous photographer, took some beautiful flower photos on a trip to Hawaii.  She designed these Sashiko patterns from her photos and made this beautiful wall hanging.  Her Sashiko stitches are so even and the designs are wonderful.  I think she should publish this pattern!




Annie, who has become a master at back-basting hand appliqué made this beautiful picture, embellished with embroidery and hand quilting.  She said the frame is too small but she was just trying it out to see if she likes it framed.  She does (and we all did too) so she is going to get a larger frame for it.

Annie also finished up her Postage Quilt top.  She is going to hand quilt it.  I will be anxious to see how she does it because I would like to hand quilt mine as well.  When I get my top finished, that is!
We exchanged these blocks as a group back in 2012 and slowly we are finishing them up.  Eleanor and June have completed theirs, Annie is getting there and some of us are still working on them....


June brought a couple of her amazing glass bottle art pieces to show.  The other one is purple, a gift to a friend who loves purple.  June is keeping this teal one :)


This quilt is June's original design.  Boy, who needs a pattern in our group anymore?  These ladies are creative!

This quilt is a fun way to use up scraps of fun fabric!


Sherida made this adorable, soft pink owl for a baby shower she is going to.  One lucky little baby!


And....Sherida is Zentangling a pumpkin!  What a GREAT idea and how fun!  This will make an awesome decoration!

Sherida shows one of her monthly minis - near completion.  I love her fabric choices.

This work of art is Sherida's as well.  It is a beautiful little landscape, embellished with hand embroidery and quilted.  Then it is very cleverly framed on a canvas, covered with burlap!  Another great idea!

This stunning quilt was made by Eleanor.  I love the colors and the geometric modern quilt look.  She always does a great job finishing hers too - nice machine quilting.

Then Eleanor started pulling all of these little duffles out of her bag.... and they kept coming and coming and coming.... in four different sizes and all kinds of fun fabrics!

(We drew names for Christmas gifts and I think everyone is hoping Eleanor got their name :)



I hope Lori doesn't mind that I'm showing her pictures as well.  She sent me some photos of things she's been working on and I shared them with the Little Bits gals yesterday.  Everyone had a great time seeing what Lori has been creating and we miss her at our meetings!


These are some items she has made for her grandkids :)



Someone is going to have a baby!!



We saw these little blanket animals at a shop she took me to in Colorado Springs.  I bought an animal with the minkie fabric and instructions, and Lori has two done already!  You are supposed to cut the stuffed animal in half and sew the little blanket in between the head part and the bum part.  Lori's look so cute!  I'm still having a hard time deciding whether I can actually cut the stuffed animal in half though....  I may just make a little doll blanket FOR the stuffed animal....  I'm a "softie" when it comes to stuffed animals.  I used to buy them for my kids because I like them!

2 comments:

  1. Cool items! I love June's quilt and Eleanor's duffles!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Zentangle pumpkin!! That's awesome! I love the monkey blanket :)

    ReplyDelete