Saturday, November 1, 2014

Boston


Finally, the last of our boring vacation photos :) We ended up in Boston and flew home from there.  We really enjoyed Boston!  We did a lot of walking and the people were very friendly offering help with directions etc.  These two photos were taken from the top of the Prudential building where you get a 360 degree view of the city and you can put on headphones and listen to someone tell you what you're looking at.  I learned that Boston has over 60 colleges and that a quarter million students arrive in the city every Fall!







Farmer's Market - Boston Style!




Beautiful park in the middle of the city - the Boston Common.




A LOT of history here.  You can follow the brick road along the Freedom Trail.



 The Charles River.


Look closely at this picture - at the top of the building you can kind of see the roof top garden.  You could really see these from the top of the Prudential Building.  See the umbrellas and even trees etc.  Kind of a little "backyard" for the city :)




I would have loved to have seen them sculling along the Charles River but I think we just missed it - I think they just got back.  I think it would be fun to watch a competition sometime.


I really liked the homes along the city streets.  They looked to be narrow, but several stories high, and I love what they did with their "yards" and the window boxes - very beautiful.



The state capitol building.



We stayed in the oldest hotel in Boston - the Park Plaza.  I took a picture of the door to our room because when I first looked at, I thought only that center part opened and you had to duck through that opening!  No, the whole door opens, but it does kind of look like that....


Some amazing architecture in churches and buildings built well over 200 years ago.



A great trip to New England!  It was fun to see a different area of our country and enjoy time spent with my husband and our friends!


And today is the first of November!  Time to go take down the Halloween decorations and put up the Thanksgiving stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment