Friday, January 16, 2015

To Wash or Not to Wash?

I am mailing this baby quilt off today to my son's friend and his wife who are expecting a baby boy this month. I think it turned out pretty cute and colorful!

I washed it before sending it off.  I used to not wash quilts before I gifted them, but I heard or read somewhere that you should, probably especially a baby quilt, so I started doing it.  The only thing that bothers me is that after I wash it, it kind of looks like it's been used already, compared to the crisp, pristine pre-washed look.  I guess on the bright side, it is now softer and ready to use, AND color tested and color fast, which in this bright quilt's case is a good thing!
I do not prewash my fabric or my batting, I just wash the whole quilt after it's finished.  Do you prewash your fabric?  Batting?  Do you prewash quilts before you gift them?  Just curious....

No comments:

Post a Comment