Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Bigger Minis

I have been working on the larger wall hangings that I am making for my daughter-in-law.  I finished appliquéing and embroidering the ones for May, June and July and got them pinned and ready to quilt.  I needed more handwork so I was going to get out the next three and get them ready, then decided, if I'm going to pull out all my fabric for three, why not just get the last six all ready for hand appliqué.  So that's what I've been working on.  It was a job, but now it will be easier to finish them up because the hard part, picking out all the fabric, is done!
The process was:
Pick out fabric for background and borders - cut and piece together.
Trace the appliqué pieces onto a large sheet of paper so I have my lay-out (I had to tape four pieces of computer paper together).
Trace the reverse of the pattern to the back of the background/border fabric.
Choose fabric for all of the appliqué pieces and cut the size chunks of it that I needed.
Now I'm ready to sew, using my favorite back-basting hand appliqué technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment