Monday, February 16, 2015

Michelle's Tula Blocks

I had to show off my friend Michelle's Tula Pink Modern Quilt blocks.  I just love her choice of fabrics and the precision pieced perfection of these blocks!  (She took Harriet Hargrave's class - perhaps I should have!)
She had them nicely packaged in bags and I didn't want her to have to remove them so you see a little bit of shine in the photos, but you get a really good idea of how wonderful they are.  I can hardly wait to see her quilt or quilts all finished!
I can hardly wait to start working on mine!


I have been working on Dear Jane blocks which I will show soon.  I'm trying to use some of the precision piecing techniques passed on to me by Michelle from her class with Harriet.  The tips really help - like starching and pressing the fabric before cutting.  The Reliable iron - amazing.  And I really like using the Tailor's block I got from Nancy's Notions.  I'm loving my DJ blocks, but I did have to do one completely over for failure to read the instructions fully before diving in and sewing.  Like not fully reading the clues on the Amazing Race.....

No comments:

Post a Comment