Friday, March 20, 2015

Door Decor

If you've read "I Wish We Could Talk About Something More Pleasant" by Roz Chast, you know about "Door Decor" in Assisted Living Homes for the elderly.  I have learned more about door decor in the past year as my husband's parents and my mother have moved into assisted living homes.  On a recent visit to see Mike's parents, my mother-in-law took me on a tour of the door decor in their building.  She said they give out prizes each month to whoever has the best decorations!  Here are a couple of my favorites from this visit :)




Assisted Living places have come a long way in recent years.  They are more like nice apartments only you get help when needed plus all your meals cooked and laundry done!  However it is still not "home" and that is a hard adjustment.

I still like Marion's idea of the Quilter's Nursing Home, which Heather from Hi Fashion is going to be in charge of.  She'll keep us quilting!  I bet we'll have door decor to beat all!  Just you wait and see....

Here is my lazy self's all time favorite decor though - Happy Everything - just hang a wreath that says it all, then you don't have to change your decor every month!  I bet you could only win the prize once though.... And just for your information - the lady with the Easter "tree" above won last month.  I'll keep you posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment