Sunday, July 19, 2015

Little Miss Muffet....

Tuffets seem to be the "thing" right now and I REALLY want to make one!  Two of the quilt stores I stopped at in Utah were offering classes and at this shop - The Cornwagon Quilt Co. in Springville - the class was in progress (just finishing up actually) and the tuffets coming out the door were adorable.  I have no idea what I would do with it.... but aren't they cute??

A little note about my flannel batting... I'm a little worried that I should have washed it first!  I'm worried it will shrink way more than the top or backing fabric... Should I unpin and wash and re-do??

2 comments:

  1. I so agree on the tuffets. They are cute and it makes you want one. Then the thought of creating your own makes it even better.

    As for the cotton flannel batting, did you check the fabric manufacturer's notes on shrinkage percentage? It might save you the trouble of unpinning, but if significant shrinkage is expected, then knowing will save your quilt in the long run.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would preshrink that flannel for sure. I have made several with both minky and fleece with flannel and it does shrink alot, so sorry to say repinning will be worth the effort. The flannel and minky does make it softer. Loved the blog lately.....still on the road Sheila

    ReplyDelete