Thursday, July 23, 2015

What I've Been Doing


A friend of mine sent me a thimble from Canada for my collection!  It was so nice of her to think of me while on her travels!

I have been working on POTC blocks! (Patchwork of the Crosses)  I am amazed at how quickly these go together by hand.  I think I now have 13 blocks sewn together with another 10 or so cut out and ready to sew.  Here are my most recent two.


The consensus was to pre-wash that flannel that I am using for batting!  I actually had a hunk left so I measured it, washed it, dried it and measured again and it shrunk 2 1/2 inches!  So yesterday I unpinned this quilt, inserted the pre-washed flannel in place of the flannel that hadn't been washed and re-pinned.  I feel much better about quilting it now.

BIG NEWS tomorrow!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment