Friday, August 14, 2015

More Rowing!

My husband and I, along with my Dad, recently took a trip to Idaho, for a bike ride on the Hiawatha Trail.  My husband was kind enough to look up some quilt stores along the way that are participating in the Row by Row Experience!
First stop was Dillon, Montana where I picked up the pattern for this fish row.



Next was a lovely quilt shop in Missoula, Montana where I picked up the pattern for the mountain/water scene pictured below.  There were several others shops we did not stop by for the sake of time, but I enjoyed all that we did see.



Here is the little stash of stuff I bought.  It's really hard to stop at a quilt store and not buy something!  I didn't do too bad though :)  The Patchwork Loves Embroidery book has some really cute projects in it, I am very excited about it.


Pictured here are the patterns and "license plates" I picked up.  My favorite store was Bear Paw Quilting and Bernina in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho.  It was a large, super nice store with many things I hadn't seen before.  That is where I bought the book, the fat quarter bundle of Yarn Dyed Wovens, the desk calendar and some other things....
We made one more stop at Porter's in Idaho Falls, on the way back.  Porter's is kind of like Michael's but they did have a large fabric section.  The guy let us in early, before they opened, because we were traveling (so nice!) and explained that they specialize in the cuddle fabric and fabric for baby items.  I bought this gauze fabric, with zoo animals on it, to make a swaddle blanket for my granddaughter!
By the way, he was AMAZED at how many people they had coming into the store this summer because of the Row by Row Experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment