Saturday, December 12, 2015

Guild Christmas Party

Wednesday I went to the CO West Quilt Guild's Christmas party.  We ate a lovely soup and salad dinner, made ornaments, had show and tell and they drew names for the winners of the two raffle quilts!  Tons of fun :)


We were challenged to make a New Year's resolution last January to complete a quilt this year that we've always wanted to finish.  Someone finished the Thimbleberries Christmas quilt which I made 3/4 size several years ago.  It was fun seeing it full size and it's very large!

My New Year's resolution quilt was to finish Dear Jane, which alas, I didn't do.... But I got a LOT closer to finishing!  So hopefully I will finish it this year - that's my plan.  Maybe I can show it at next year's Christmas party.  I bumped into a friend at the meeting who is working on hers too and hopes to finish it this year.  Like she said, "I hope I still like it when I'm done, after all this work I've put into it!"  I feel the same :)


Sheila finished these two quilts, that were part of a block of the month.  She made double the blocks, so made two quilts, but put them together in very different settings!  I love them both - she does beautiful work!



Here they are kind of side by side, so you can see how different they are!


A unique modern looking quilt was shown!  I love the colors - and look at the back (below)!


We had the choice of three different Christmas ornaments to make - all quick and easy to do.  I chose this little ribbon Christmas tree!


I've been in my sewing room all day!  It's been nice :)


1 comment: