Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Projects

Since I finished piecing Dear Jane, I have been trying to get some other projects done so I can pin baste a few quilts at the same time (while I have the ping pong table set up) and practice quilting on a couple to get warmed up and ready to tackle quilting "the Jane".

I pulled out my Patchwork of the Crosses blocks and started experimenting with a setting.  At first I was going to try and make it like the original, which means I would have to make about 30 more blocks (or 35, I can't remember exactly).  Having just made the Jane very close to the original I decided I would rather change POTC up a bit.  So using some inspiration from Sharon's lecture I started laying blocks out and playing with setting ideas.  I kind of like this one, which means I would only need to make one more block!  Question though - do you think that bright yellow block in the center needs to go??


I finished the center of the quilt that I started in Sharon's class.  I had enough blocks left over to make a baby quilt. Now I need to decide what I want to do for borders on both!




A few years ago I bought a kit that had orange and gray fabrics all packaged together nicely.  I did not like the pattern that came with the kit though, so after I pulled it out this week I started looking for a different pattern.
I was looking on Pinterest at something else and ran across this quilt pinned on one of my friend Sheila's boards.  It was easy to piece and I think it works pretty well with my orange and gray fabrics.  Now I need to decide what, if anything I am going to do about borders for this one.  Below is a link to the pattern if you're interested!

Happy Quilting!
http://letsquiltsomething.blogspot.com/2016/01/slippery-slides-free-quilt-pattern.html

No comments:

Post a Comment