Friday, April 22, 2016

Maybe Not Great, But Interesting!


OK, maybe the quilting is not great but it does look all right!  I did some  interesting space fillers, that I came up with on my own.  And I quilted the miniature the same way, just smaller detail.  This was quilted on a domestic machine. Today I may have filled in with more quilting, but maybe not?  I really do love this quilt.  The fabric is from Liberty Homestead and they are hand dyed cottons that have a suede look.  They are SO soft and beautiful.


One of the things I've been learning in some online Craftsy classes I've been taking on machine quilting is filling spaces in odd shapes.  I like this shape in this triangle.

I'm excited to start quilting Dear Jane!!  I did actually make it into my sewing room  today, even though it was 78 degrees in there, and finished a block for the Plain and Fancy block of the month.  I plan to work more on that tomorrow and try to catch up!

Have a great weekend :)


2 comments:

  1. Karen, I am hoping that you read the comments since I couldn't find a way to email you. On 3/13/16 you posted a picture of a magnetic pin holder that your friend Sharon gave you. Can you find out where she got it from? Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy, I have an email out to Sharon Wright to find out where she got the magnetic pin holder. When I find out I will post the information on the blog! Thanks for asking :)

      Delete