Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Phyllis - Look What You Made Me Do!

My friend Phyllis knows that I like to make miniature quilts, so she sent me a picture of this quilt the other day that someone had made using Sue Garman's Omigosh! pattern.  I've made two of Sue's patterns before and I really like her patterns and her quilts.  The two I've made already are my Monster Quilt and Mama Said.
I was so tempted by this Omigosh! quilt that I ordered the pattern from Sue's website!  (Thanks Phyllis??)  This is not a miniature quilt, this is a big quilt with a LOT of little pieces!  What was I thinking?  I don't know....
I've been reading a blog by the Rogue Quilter, who is a miniature quilt maker.  One thing she does is use these little pieces as starties and stoppies as she's working on other quilts.  Some people call them starters and enders, but they are those little pieces of fabric you use to start or end your piecing, usually just scraps.  What a great idea though to use pieces that you can actually sew into a quilt.  This also may be a good quilt to use up a lot of my Civil War fabric in too, because it's very scrappy.  So yes, thanks Phyllis!  We will see how long it takes me to get this made....

No comments:

Post a Comment