Wednesday, May 11, 2016

More Amazing Quilts



First of all, I was able to finish another little Brazilian embroidery block!  This is one of my favorites!


You've probably seen this quilt in magazines.  It was fun to see it hanging at the HMQS show.  It's amazing how the quilt is flat, but the pillows look so three dimensional and it looks like folded fabric on the shelf beneath.  And the designs on the pillows were all cut and fused on individually - it's not just one piece of fabric!

Silk Road Sampler by Melissa Sobotka
(Inspiration - a Spice Bazaar in Istanbul)


Back to the Garden
by Nancy Arseneault

My friend and I were talking about these Piece O' Cake designs never go out of style!



Blue Ice by Inger Blood

This quilt is a whole cloth quilted design and was painted after it was quilted.



Night Hawk
by Claudia Clark Myers
quilted by Marilyn Badger

(paper pieced, appliquéd, embroidered and painted)

This quilt would look great hanging in my bedroom :)



Newsy Note:  I've been invited to do a trunk show at the Springville Art Museum in August!  I'm so excited!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just show a bunch of quilts I've made and talk about them :)

      Delete
  2. When is the trunk show? Can anyone come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trunk show is Wednesday, August 3rd from 7:00 - 7:30 and everyone is welcome!

      Delete