Friday, September 23, 2016

Tornado at the Quilt Show!

I came up to Utah to attend the Utah Quilt Guild's Quilt Fest and look what blew our way! This picture was on the local news ksl.com. Thankfully I didn't take it.
We had actually driven further north yesterday to visit my mother-in-law and got caught in the bad weather on our way back to Quilt Fest. Luckily we missed the worst of it here, but driving back into town we saw power lines down, trees uprooted, emergency vehicles keeping people away from the downed power lines etc.
This poor tree was in the parking lot of our hotel. The power went out at Quilt Fest around 3:00 PM. We got back around 4:30 PM and the power just came on at 5:25 this morning. I had a class at 7:00 last night, mostly in the dark with flashlights. I'm looking forward to a class at 8:00 this morning.
No restaurants in the area were open because the whole town was without power, so some nice people in charge of Quilt Fest went somewhere and bought rolls and lunch meat and fruit and most quilters convened in the lobby for dinner. Here I am with my sister-in-law Cathie, enjoying ourselves in spite of the weather šŸ˜Š That said, I do hope the worst of this storm has passed through! Today I am looking forward to seeing the QUILTS! In the LIGHT! Oh I've also bumped into several people from Grand Junction! Fun!!

1 comment: