Monday, November 21, 2016

Top Done!


I was asked if I was making an Irish Chain quilt because of the block photo I posted a couple of days ago.  I believe that is the block you would use to make an Irish Chain quilt but I was making them for the border of this Monterrey Medallion quilt.  The quilt pictured on the cover is a little different than the simpler version that I made.





I was able to get the top all pieced together!  I'm happy with the way it turned out. I love all the fabrics and pretty colors and I can hardly wait to start quilting it.


And.... This large queen size quilt top hardly made a dent in my stash of Civil War Reproduction fabrics!  That's OK, I already have another quilt in mind to use some more ....
But if anyone needs some pieces for your Dear Jane or scrap quilt, give me a shout!

1 comment:

  1. WOW This is much better than the Irish Chain I thought it was going to be. What a pleasant surprise. I love it

    ReplyDelete