Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I Love This Quilt!

From The Quilt Show website I was directed to the Modern Quilt Guild website to see the winners of QuiltCon 2017, and I fell in love with this quilt! I still can't figure out how it's done and I've stared at it for a long time!
Here is the information about the maker from their website:
Vertigo
Pieced and quilted by Elaine Poplin
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Individual MQG Member
56 x 56 inches

"Dared by a friend, I reconstructed the 2002 Pinna illusion and made a quilt of it. Foundation paper pieced, hand-appliqued, and free-motion quilted. Permission to show the quilt graciously granted by Biangio Pinna, the original designer of the illusion.
I love it!
You can see more winning quilts on the Modern Quilt Guild website at:

Now I need to go google the Pinna Illusion....

2 comments:

  1. Interesting quilt. It looks like the circles cross over each other but they are actually four separate circles. That's amazing how they made it look!

    ReplyDelete