Saturday, April 29, 2017

Sew Savvy Retreat


Yesterday I spent the whole day at Hi Fashion's Sew Savvy retreat!  They offer this a couple of times a year for Sew Savvy members and it fills up fast so you have to sign up quick.  It was SO nice to have the whole day to work on projects, uninterrupted, with friends, old and new.  Kind of like an old fashioned quilting bee!  Great fun.


This quilt is one that Janet was working on. She inherited the blocks, passed down from a grandmother or great grandmother and they were made in the 1880's.  I was amazed at the beautiful condition they were in.  She has added some Civil War reproduction fabrics to complete the quilt top and you can't even tell which is the new since the old is in such great condition.

This is the great space we had to sew, with a lot of room and a lot of light.  Hi Fashion provides lunch at these retreats and yesterday it was catered by Lorraine's son who has a food truck here in town and caters.  His specialty is BBQ so I had a delicious pulled pork sandwich with his spicy potato salad - YUM!!

His business is Colorado Q and you can find out more about it here:
https://www.facebook.com/ColoradoQ/
Sharon was one of my table mates and she was working on this beautiful quilt.  I think she said it's a Buggy Barn pattern.  Beautiful fabrics!  It was really fun to see what everyone was working on, catch up with old friends and meet some new friends.  I had a great day!  In the evening I went to a retirement party with my hubby and had the most delicious piece of cake I think I've ever tasted.  I was told it was made by Sweet Kiwi.  I am going to have to check more into it!  Here's a link to what I've found so far:
Have a great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment