Saturday, June 17, 2017

Show and Tell

I finally finished May's block for the My Girlfriend's mystery block of the month.  I haven't yet received the one for June - it's usually here by now...
The CWQG meeting speaker was Katherine Callahan from Wyoming who spoke on her star quilts.  She shared many styles and varieties of five pointed stars, including a chenille star - below.



Look what my friend Gini made me!!  She said she thought of me because I collect thimbles.  It says, "I went to the fabric store for one thimble.  I forget what happened after that."  Yeah we all know how that feels!

This is SO cute and will hang in my sewing room - thanks Gini!!


The following pictures are from the amazing show and tell at the Sunset Slope Quilt meeting I went to on Wednesday.  These first two are versions of the same quilt, one with jewel tones on black which makes it look like stained glass, and the other is 30's fabrics on white which turned out super cute!



I forget how many yo-yos the maker said were on this quilt - over 1000!  There are even yo-yos on the back!











I thought this quilt was adorable, with the cows :)


Check out this cool water table my daughter Megan made for my granddaughter!  It's just an under bed storage box, set on a cardboard box, with water and some fun plastic dishes.  Provides hours of entertainment :). What a cutie!!



Have a wonderful weekend!  I'm going to be quilt pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment